Making the most of a petite space is much more than just choosing smaller proportioned furniture.
- Whenever possible, choose pieces that have more than one function, like storage ottomans, poufs as seating, a footrest or extra table space with a tray on top, and tables with drop leaves.
- Items that can roll out of the way when not in use are a plus.
- Accent chairs make great small space seating. Look for slipper chairs or armless chairs for a smaller profile.
- Utilize as much vertical space as possible with tall shelves and built-in storage under your bed.
- Don't forget to look for stackable and self-storing pieces as well for flexibility.
Here are several ideas for maximizing any space.