American Home offers many options for the delivery of your purchases. Delivery methods vary for each individual item sold on the site. Please note the Availability section on each product page will give you an estimation of arrival dates. After adding the item to your cart you will be able to choose from the delivery options that are available for your item. For in-store purchases, a sales associate schedules delivery; for online purchases, you can expect a phone call or email to schedule delivery.
Free Parcel Shipping via UPS, USPS, or FedEx
Some items are eligible for free parcel shipping. These items leave the American Home partner via a 3rd party shipper usually within 2-5 business days of completing the order. Most items arrive within 7-10 business days, please confirm for each product in the Availability section on each product page.
Customer Pick Up
We offer Customer Pick Up from our Distribution Center at 801 Comanche NE, Albuquerque, NM 87107, and in some cases, you can pick up your merchandise from any of our home stores. See Customer Pick Up hours. If you require assembly, a $35 assembly charge per order, assemblies can take 3 days to complete as they are worked into our normal rotation. You will be contacted to schedule your pick up after your order is assembled. Certain items are excluded. Text or chat with us for more details.
- Schedule your pick up by filling out the Pre-Pull Form.
- Bring the appropriate equipment and tie-downs necessary to protect your items during transportation.
- If you are using a rental truck to pick up your merchandise, the name on the order and the truck rental agreement must match.
- If a credit card was used for the purchase the credit card must be presented at the time of pick up. Photo ID matching the credit card that was used for purchase is also required.
Here at American Home Furniture and Mattress, we work daily to provide our customers with the highest quality furniture and mattresses at the best prices. Unlike other companies in our industry, we do not include the cost of delivery with the cost of the merchandise. Our job doesn't end at the point of sale; our job is to make sure we get your merchandise to you in the best condition possible. Our delivery office is locally owned and operated in order to ensure we provide the best service to our customers. This is an asset that assists us in providing the highest level of customer service in the state. A delivery fee is collected to help cover the cost of our warehouse staff, maintenance on our vehicles, fuel, and drivers. Delivery fees are non-refundable.
Front Door Shipping (Curbside)
Select zip codes are also eligible for front door or curbside delivery. Our team of delivery professionals will expertly load, transport, unload your merchandise. You will be expected to move your item into your house, assembly and setup, and packaging removal will be your responsibility. No Drop Off/Curbside delivery at apartment complexes, please choose White Glove Delivery for apartment complexes.
White Glove Home Delivery
We offer White Glove Delivery for items delivered to select zip codes in New Mexico, Colorado, Arizona, Utah, and Texas and to multi-family buildings, i.e. apartments, condominiums, etc. Our team of delivery professionals will expertly load, transport, unload, assemble and setup, and remove all packaging to the areas you have prepared for delivery.
We strive to take care of each and every customer. However, that is only possible with your help. To ensure timely delivery, our delivery team will not wait for customers to arrive, rooms to be cleared, or pets to be secured. If you are not ready for delivery upon our driver's arrival, a re-delivery charge will be incurred.
- All orders must be paid in full before we will schedule your order.
- New homeowners must have keys in hand to schedule delivery.
- Delivery fee is non-refundable.
- If any special instructions are needed, please advise your sales consultant or chat or text with us.
-- Special instructions include, but are not limited to:
-- apartment building/number
-- security gate
-- potential restrictions
-- special instructions to rural areas
- Measurements must be taken of pathways, doorways, ceilings, staircases, and basements prior to delivery.
- Ensure all items will fit in your home.
-- See measurement tips below.
When we arrive at your home:
Our drivers will not force delivery! If merchandise does not fit, you are welcome to re-select for something more size-appropriate for your home, the delivery fee is non-refundable. We will not risk the safety of our drivers or customers. There is no reason to risk injuring someone or damaging your home. Please take the time to go over the Tips for Successful Delivery and the Measurement tips for delivery to ensure successful delivery.
- An adult at least 18 years of age must be available to accept and sign for the delivery.
- All pets must be secured in a separate room or location.
- Driveways and sidewalks must be clear.
- Destination room(s) must be clear and ready. The walkway to the destination room must also be clear (furniture, accessories, electronics, and pictures must be removed). We will not move any existing furniture.
Measurement tips for delivery:
We want to ensure your new furniture is delivered successfully. If our Delivery team attempts delivery and for any reason, we are unable to deliver your order, the delivery fee is non-refundable. Here are some important measurement and obstruction information you should consider before your furniture is delivered.
- Can our delivery truck safely fit down your road?
- Will the furniture fit through all doorways to the destination room(s)?
- Will your hallway size allow our team to fit through with the product?
- Will the furniture fit up your stairway?
- Will the furniture you purchased fit the destination room as you planned?
WHAT MEASUREMENTS ARE NEEDED:
- Exterior and front doorway height, width, and clearance to the opposite wall.
- Staircase corner width and clearance to opposite wall upstairs (if curved).
- Low hanging light fixtures, stairwell overhang, and ceiling height.
- Interior doorway width and clearance to the opposite wall.
- For apartment buildings or any residence with an elevator, it is important to measure the elevator's interior height and width, as well as the height of the elevator's entrance.
- Measure furniture by depth, width, height, and diagonal.